Welcome to Day 3 of the Holiday DIY Blog Party!! This is the second DIY of the day and be sure to come back later, as we will have another awesome giveaway for you on my blog! If you are new, be sure to check out the previous DIYs and yesterday's giveaway (still time to enter!) here and here. :)
This afternoon, I have a very easy and festive DIY for you to try. I absolutely love how these branch candle holders turned out. I've always loved natural tones and textures, so adding twigs to an otherwise normal candler holder brings out that rustic look that's always nice to add to your home around the holidays.
BRANCH CANDLE HOLDER DIY
- A hot glue gun.
- Glass square candle holders.You can use round candle holders, but it is easier with square ones.
- Twigs or small branches.(pick some out from your yard!)
- Not Pictured: Scissors
- Cut the twigs into smaller pieces based on the height of your glass candle holder.
- After cutting, practice placing the twigs where you want them on the outside of the glass to make sure they are the right length, etc. It is fun to try having some twigs go over the glass and some that don't quite reach the rim.
- Using your hot glue gun, apply a small amount of glue to the bottom rim of one side of the glass.
- Take 3 or 4 of your cut twigs and place them on the glass where you applied the glue.
- Repeat steps three and four until you have covered the candle holder completely.
Looking forward to the giveaway later this afternoon!