We worked really hard on coming up with the perfect ratio of ingredients to make the best lip balm for you. We came up with a natural recipe as well as a pigmented recipe for those who need a little color in their balm. I love this DIY because it is easy to make multiples at one time and a great gift to give. People will be so surprised when you tell them you made your own lip balm!
V A N I L L A P E P P E R M I N T L I P B A L M D I Y
S U P P L I E S N E E D E D:
1. 2.5 fl. oz. vitamin e oil.
2. 1 tsp. vanilla extract.
3. 1 tsp. peppermint extract.
4. A dime-sized amount of natural beeswax. (Can be found at your local craft store)
5. 1/2 tsp. left-over lipstick.
Not pictured: Tubs to put your balm in.
Not pictured: Supplies to decorate your lip balm tubs.
D I Y S T E P S:
1. Fill a large pot about 3-4 inches with water and put over medium heat.
2. Add beeswax and vitamin e oil in a smaller glass bowl that fits easily inside your pot. (It is best to use a glass measuring cup with a lip and handle)
3. Place glass bowl so it sits in the water without allowing water to flow in.
4. Stir occasionally as the ingredients melt.
5. After the beeswax is completely melted, stir in vanilla and peppermint extracts.
6. If desired, stir in lipstick.
7. Take off heat. Using an oven mit, pick up the glass bowl and remove from water.
8. Gently pour mixture into tubs and let dry completely.
Enjoy having chap-free lips this winter!