Can I just say that I have the best friends in the entire world?! Seriously, if you think your friends are good, mine are amazing! This weekend was so much fun!! It started out on Friday with a couple's shower for Drew and I. Savannah, Anica, and Jon hosted it and had a bunch of our friends in the Atlanta area over for a grill out, games, date night themed gifts, and, of course, a candy bar! By the end of the night, my face was hurting from laughing so much. Drew and I felt extremely blessed to have such supportive friends to celebrate with. The night was full of fun and laughter as we celebrated this special time.
Then, the weekend continued on Sunday with a lingerie shower in Rome hosted by Savannah and Anica.The theme was "Cookies & Milk" since growing up, all you could ever see in my hand was a huge cookie and a smile on my face. Needless to say, I love dessert. Especially cookies and milk. :)
I'm the smaller midget on the left. Notice how my sister is eating a sandwich and I'm eating a doughnut. Haha!
I was so blessed by these lovely women! Not only did they provide me with some beautiful lingerie, but the fellowship time with them, and the special blessing of their company was enough to make me cry. At the end of the party, the ladies gathered around and prayed over me and Drew's and my future marriage. What wonderful women!!!
Some things you might have learned about Drew and/or I if you had been at the showers:
1. I don't have any "stupid human tricks," but apparently Drew can touch his ears behind his back and I never knew it.
2. Drew likes to passionately express his excitement for our wedding! Haha.
3. Our first kiss was on October 6, 2006, outside of Frost Chapel at Berry College.
4. Drew's top 5 strengths are: Adaptability, Ideation, Intellection, Command, and Learner.
5. Three words to describe me are: Passionate, Creative, and Artistic.
6. The first thing I noticed about Drew was his stunning blue eyes.
7. Drew and I love going to the movies :)
8. Our wedding is in 89 days!!!
9. In college, our song was "You and I" by Michael Buble.
10. Something that not many people know about Drew is he loves taking care of plants and animals. He is also very into aquaponics and would love to be an aquaponics farmer one day!
Well, I hope you all enjoyed your weekend!